Secondary Education places students in the Special, Express, Normal (Academic) or Normal (Technical) course according to how they perform at the PSLE. The different curricular emphases are designed to match their learning abilities and interests.
- 4-5 years of education
- School fees after subsidy: $5.00
Standard miscellaneous fees1: $10.00
Second-tier miscellaneous fees2: $10.00
Autonomous Schools collect Autonomous School Fees, ranging from $3 to $18 per month, on top of second-tier miscellaneous fees3
Independent Schools charge a separate scale of fees. The range of school fees for local students (excluding miscellaneous fees) as at 2010 is $200- $300 per month4
- National examination: GCE ‘O’ Levels(for Special/Express courses) or GCE ‘N’ Levels (for Normal course)
- All students take part in at least one CCA; CCA performance is considered for admission to JCs, CI, polytechnics and ITE
Payment of School Fees
For payment of fees using GIRO, please download the GIRO Application Form (124kb .doc).
Parents who wish to change their GIRO account can go to their banks to effect the change directly. If parents wish to effect the change of GIRO account through MOE, they are to submit the Termination Form (.doc 109kb) together with the new GIRO Application Form to MOE.
For termination of GIRO arrangement, parents can effect the termination at their banks or make the request through MOE by submitting the Termination Form (109kb .doc).
Financial assistance schemes are available to help needy students pay their fees. Parents who wish to apply for financial assistance may approach their child’s school for the application form. You can also download the Financial Assistance Scheme Application Form (86kb .doc). All application forms must be submitted together with the relevant documents to the schools directly.
You may refer to frequently asked questions on school fees.
- Annual fee payable is spread over 12 months of the academic year. Students who join on or before 5th February will have to pay fees for January. Those who leave on or after 5th October will have to pay fees for November and December. ↩
- Second-tier miscellaneous fee rates are decided by schools. The maximum amount they can charge is 100% of the standard miscellaneous fee rates. Students may apply to use their Edusave accounts to pay the second-tier miscellaneous fees. You can download the Edusave Standing Order Form and submit to the school.↩
- Students who use their Edusave accounts to pay the second-tier miscellaneous fees will also have their Autonomous School fees paid from Edusave.↩
- Students may use their Edusave accounts to pay for the portion of Independent School fees that are in excess of the school and standard miscellaneous fees of Government and Government-Aided secondary schools. ↩