Careers in Pre-School Education
Be part of a dynamic team that will spearhead the Ministry’s efforts to enhance the quality of Singapore’s pre-school education landscape. As a Kindergarten Principal, you will lead a team of pre-school educators in providing quality education, holistic development and care for the children. You will be responsible for the management of the centre, the planning and organisation of the kindergarten programme, as well as the deployment, professional development and well-being of all staff.
What your job will entail
- Oversee the planning and organisation of a quality kindergarten programme in line with the Ministry’s guidelines
- Guide teachers in the holistic development and care for the children, and build a safe and conducive environment that best meets their needs
- Guide and support the development and implementation of teaching and learning approaches and resources, as well as best practices to enhance the learning experiences for the children
- Manage operations, which includes student admission, finance, procurement and administration
- Oversee HR, professional development and well-being of staff
- Facilitate proactive and positive engagement of parents and the community in the learning and development of the children
Who we are looking for
- University degree preferred
- Possess the Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education-Teaching (DECCE-T) and the Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education-Leadership (DECCE-L)
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing a pre-school centre
- Possess leadership qualities and management skills
- Passionate about pre-school education and able to positively engage stakeholders in the holistic development of the child
- 18 days vacation leave
- Medical leave - 14 days sick leave (if no hospitalisation) and up to 60 days sick leave (with hospitalisation)
- Subsidised medical and dental benefits
- Use of Government Holiday Bungalows
- Group Insurance Scheme at low premium
Application is currently closed. If you are interested in this position, you are welcome to submit your application in the next recruitment exercise. The details of the recruitment exercise and the application procedure will be published when we launch the recruitment exercise.
To join our mailing list to be notified on upcoming sharing sessions on pre-school positions and/or when the positions are open for recruitment, you may leave your details here.